The fight for $15 an hour minimum wage begins
- March 23, 2016
- Research by David Neumark, economics Chancellor’s professor, is featured in the Orange County Register and Bloomberg March 24, 2016
From the OC Register:
Economists are divided over the effects of raising wage floors. David Neumark, UC Irvine professor of economics and director of the Center for Economics & Public Policy, has been an outspoken critic, saying higher minimums prevent low-skilled workers from getting a foothold in the market.
For the full story, please visit http://www.ocregister.com/articles/wage-709464-minimum-california.html.
Related News Items
- Opinion: Minimum wages are going up. jobs may disappear.
- Ageist language in job ads discourages older applicants, UCI-led study finds
- Bad news, older tech workers: Job advert language works against you
- Must be 'fit and active' or 'digital native': how ageist language keeps older workers out
- Advancing labor market research