Asian American equal pay day: Not the model minority
- March 15, 2016
- Jennifer Lee, sociology professor, is quoted by BlogHer March 15, 2016
According to UC Irvine Sociology Professor Jennifer Lee, Asian Americans earn less compared to their white colleges of similar educational background, region of residence and other similar factors. And once Asian American women get their foot in the door, there’s the dreaded “Bamboo Ceiling” that keeps them from advancing to management jobs.
For the full story, please visit http://www.blogher.com/asian-american-equal-pay-day-more-complicated-it-looks.
Related News Items
- A lesson in solidarity
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots