Researchers have found strong evidence that racism helps the GOP win
- March 3, 2016
- Research by Michael Tesler, political science assistant professor, is featured in The Washington Post March 3, 2016
From The Washington Post:
[David] Sears of the University of California [Los Angeles] has found that even among white voters with equally conservative views on issues unrelated to race, those with more negative views about African Americans are more likely to vote Republican. He and Michael Tesler, a political scientist at the University of California, Irvine, showed that there were many racially conservative white voters who supported John Kerry and President Clinton when they were candidates, but who voted against President Obama.
For the full story, please visit https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/03/03/researchers-have-found-strong-evidence-that-racism-helps-the-gop-win/.
Related News Items
- Should Kansas's abortion vote change expectations for the midterms?
- Why abortion may be a winning issue for democrats
- Biden's approval slump hits a dreary new milestone
- For the first time in years, democrats are more concerned about abortion than republicans are
- Why do GOP lawmakers still oppose legalizing weed?