How important are the South Carolina primaries?
- February 19, 2016
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and political science professor, is quoted by Aljazeera Feb. 19, 2016
"Trump appears to be well ahead in the South Carolina Republican primary," said Louis DeSipio, the director of the Centre for the Study of Democracy at the University of California, Irvine. "As long as it remains a multi-candidate race, he seems able to hold on to about a third of the vote, enough to 'win'. Should the field drop to two, he would probably be at more of a disadvantage."
For the full story, please visit http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2016/02/south-carolina-primary-important-election-republicans-democrats-160217105427419.html.
Related News Items
- Orange County was the heart of California conservatism. Now it's up for grabs.
- 20 Western Hemisphere nations sign Los Angeles Declaration on migrants despite key absences
- Orange County election results: Spitzer reelected as DA, Supervisor seat headed for runoff
- Orange County voters head to polls with plenty of choices
- Voter guide for Hispanic and Latino/a students