The truths fiction tells
- February 11, 2016
- A blog post by Roxanne Varzi, anthropology associate professor, is featured by Stanford University Press Blog Feb. 11, 2016
From Stanford University Press Blog:
Roxanne Varzi, professor of anthropology and visual studies at the University of California, Irvine [writes]: Thirty-seven years ago on February 11, 1979, on my eighth birthday, Iran, my country, went through a radical shift. My family left Iran a year after the Revolution, and I have been trying either to understand what happened or to explain it ever since. My latest attempt is Last Scene Underground, an ethnographic novel of life in contemporary Iran.
For the full story, please visit http://stanfordpress.typepad.com/blog/2016/02/the-truths-fiction-tells.html#more.
Related News Items
- Herzfeld joins UCI anthropology as Distinguished Visitor in residence for winter quarter
- Orange County writers of color rise to the moment
- For immigrants, the real risks of virtual activities
- Commentary: A mask in the O.C. has become as heated as the veil in Iran
- What an Iranian film about a leper colony can teach us about coronavirus