Ethnoracial diversity: Toward a new American narrative (op-ed)
- February 11, 2016
- An op-ed by Frank Bean, sociology Distinguished Professor, is featured by The American Prospect Feb. 11, 2016
From The American Prospect:
Frank D. Bean, Distinguished Professor of sociology and Director, Center for Research on International Migration, University of California, Irvine, [writes]: Today’s immigration-induced diversity thus has positive social implications. It is folly to see America as divided into two groups, whites and nonwhites. ... America needs a new narrative to guide its policies regarding race.
For the full story, please visit http://prospect.org/article/ethnoracial-diversity-toward-new-american-narrative.
Related News Items
- How the Federal Reserve can be used to help the average American
- A lesson in solidarity
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program