Priorities collide at a high-performing NJ school district (Audio 16:30)
- February 9, 2016
- Jennifer Lee, sociology professor, is interviewed on WNYC, Feb. 9, 2016
Jennifer Lee, professor of sociology at the University of California, Irvine, and author of The Asian American Achievement Paradox … who has studied many Asian-American communities like this one near Princeton, provides context for the different ways white and Asian-American parents expect their children to deal with serious academic pressure.
For the full story, please visit http://www.wnyc.org/story/priorities-collide-high-performing-nj-school-district/.
Related News Items
- A lesson in solidarity
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots