For Asian Americans, racial mobility has not meant full incorporation or equal status in US society
- January 15, 2016
- Research by Jennifer Lee, sociology professor,is featured by the London School of Economics Jan. 15, 2016
From the London School of Economics:
Jennifer Lee, professor of sociology at the University of California, Irvine [writes]: Asian Americans are racialized as a ‘model minority’, and the shift towards their perception as ‘marriageable’ only covers Asian women – reflecting how this group is exoticized and stereotyped in gender-traditional ways.
For the full story, please visit http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/usappblog/2016/01/14/for-asian-americans-racial-mobility-has-not-meant-full-incorporation-or-equal-status-in-us-society/.
Related News Items
- How the Federal Reserve can be used to help the average American
- A lesson in solidarity
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program