Study: Age discrimination worse for women
- January 4, 2016
- Research by David Neumark, economics Chancellor’s Professor, is featured by Philadelphia Magazine Jan. 4, 2016
From Philadelphia Magazine:
"Based on evidence from over 40,000 job applications, we find robust evidence of age discrimination in hiring against older women," wrote researchers David Neumark and Ian Burn of University of California, Irvine and Patrick Button of Tulane University.
For the full story, please visit http://www.phillymag.com/business/2016/01/04/age-discrimination-women/.
Related News Items
- Opinion: 'Natural experiments' lead to an economics Nobel
- The Nobel in economics goes to three who find experiments in real life
- America celebrates Labor Day - but are US workers winning?
- 60% of older workers say being old hurts their future job prospects
- California tax incentive's success is in its failures