Illinois issues: The racial achievement gap
- November 12, 2015
- A book by Jennifer Lee, sociology professor, is featured by NPR Nov 12, 2015
As sociologists Jennifer Lee and Min Zhou and many other scholars have recently shown, Asian American’s collectively are doing quite well in large part because of how immigration laws are written— to admit the most highly educated members of sending countries — not because of the cultural value put on education.
For the full story, please visit http://wuis.org/post/illinois-issues-racial-achievement-gap#stream/0.
Related News Items
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- Making a difference