Mizzou proves that Americans should not be forced into racial categories
- November 10, 2015
- Research by Ruben Rumbaut, sociology Distinguished Professor, is featured by The Daily Signal Nov 10, 2015
From The Daily Signal:
These include studies in what many consider to be the gold standard of academic works on assimilation: the groundbreaking Legacies, The Story of the Immigrant Second Generation, written by two liberals, Alejandro Portes and Ruben Rumbaut, respectively of Princeton and UC Irvine, which is part of a longitudinal study that continues to this day.
For the full story, please visit http://dailysignal.com/2015/11/10/mizzou-proves-that-americans-should-not-be-forced-into-racial-categories/.
Related News Items
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- 'The US isn't an option anymore': why California's immigrants are heading back to Mexico
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program
- Immigration: A boon or burden to U.S. society?