Behind the ‘model minority’ myth: the Asian disadvantage
- November 6, 2015
- A book by Jennifer Lee, sociology professor, is featured by the Asian Journal Nov.6, 2015
From the Asian Journal:
High household incomes among Asian Americans can also be explained by “the fact that some live in multi-generational homes with more than one person earning an income,” said Jennifer Lee, a sociology professor at the University of California, Irvine, and co-author of the book The Asian-American Achievement Paradox.
For the full story, please visit http://asianjournal.com/news/behind-the-model-minority-myth-the-asian-disadvantage/.
Related News Items
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- Making a difference