Umno's failure: Inability to turn Malay disadvantage to advantage
- November 2, 2015
- Research by Jennifer Lee, sociology professor, is featured in the Malaysia Chronicle Oct. 30, 2015
From the Malaysia Chronicle:
The article drew on a recent book “The Asian American Achievement Paradox,” by Jennifer Lee [UCI] and Min Zhou, which noted that Asian-American immigrants have started with one advantage: they are highly educated, more so even than the average American, and are disproportionately doctors, research scientists and other highly educated professionals.
For the full story, please visit http://malaysia-chronicle.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=605717:turning-malay-disadvantage-to-advantage#axzz3qBNFvVCi.
Related News Items
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- Making a difference