China's two-child policy 'too little, too late' demographers warn
- October 30, 2015
- Wang Feng, sociology professor, is quoted by South China Morning Post Oct. 30, 2015
From the South China Morning Post:
Wang Feng, a demographer with the University of California, Irvine, said China would have to learn from its neighbors in East Asia, which has one of the lowest birth rates in the world, to encourage couples to have more children and to cope with an ageing society.
For the full story, please visit http://www.scmp.com/news/china/policies-politics/article/1874320/chinas-two-child-policy-too-little-too-late.
Related News Items
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- China isn't that strategic
- 'A sacrifice for a generation': China scrambles to boost its population with 3-child policy
- Opinion: The real reason behind China's three-child policy