Court picks professor to help redraw Virginia’s congressional district lines
- September 25, 2015
- Bernie Grofman, political science professor, is featured by Foreign Affairs (NZ) Sept. 25, 2015
From Foreign Affairs:
Dr. Bernard Grofman, an economics and political science professor at the University of California, Irvine …. has spent decades researching and writing about redistricting, and it could be said that he literally wrote the book on minority representation and the complex factors that must be considered when drawing districts to ensure it complies with the Voting Rights Act.
For the full story, please visit http://foreignaffairs.co.nz/2015/09/26/the-friday-five-september-25th-2015/.
Related News Items
- Why the Democrats' likely poor midterm performance this year may be of their own and Joe Biden's making
- Commentary: Bellwether counties are mostly a matter of chance and are now poor predictors of presidential election results.
- Amid primary disarray, Ohio Redistricting Commission starts work on 4th legislative maps
- Judges replace the NC congressional redistricting plan. The state Supreme Court denies all requests for a stay.
- Trial court rejects NC congressional map, OKs legislative districts