Greek debt crisis: What will a third Eurozone bailout and more austerity do to the Greek economy?
- July 9, 2015
- Stergios Skaperdas, Clifford S. Heinz Chair and economics professor, is quoted in the International Business Times July 9, 2015
From the International Business Times:
As University of California, Irvine economics professor Stergios Skaperdas explained, austerity measures created an economic ripple effect. The deep government spending cuts and wage freezes left less money in ordinary Greeks’ pockets. That means less spending and less demand, further undercutting an already shaky economy.
For the full story, please visit http://www.ibtimes.com/greek-debt-crisis-what-will-third-eurozone-bailout-more-austerity-do-greek-economy-2000325.
Related News Items
- Will economic sanctions be enough to stop the Russian invasion of Ukraine? It is unlikely according to these analysts
- Proxy war in Idlib heads toward military escalation
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- Can math predict human behavior?
- New faculty feature: Yousuf Al-Bulushi