Complaint alleging Harvard bias against Asians dismissed
- July 8, 2015
- Jennifer Lee, sociology professor, is quoted in The Boston Globe July 8, 2015
From The Boston Globe:
Not all Asians feel discriminated against, said University of California, Irvine professor Jennifer Lee, a sociologist who studies race and ethnicity. … Those who filed the complaint place too much importance on being admitted to an Ivy League school, Lee said, and don’t realize that if race is eliminated as a part of admissions, other types of bias could hurt Asians even more, such as admitting more students whose parents attended the school.
For the full story, please visit https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/07/08/department-education-dismisses-complaint-alleging-bias-against-asian-applicants/n4LyRHVJUBd6Qp3Y5GkfcO/story.html.
Related News Items
- A lesson in solidarity
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots