Trump cards and green cards
- July 7, 2015
- Ruben Rumbaut, sociology Distinguished Professor, is quoted by The Daily Record July 7, 2015
From The Daily Record:
Census data and a wide range of other empirical studies show that for every ethnic group without exception, incarceration rates among young men are lowest for immigrants, even those who are the least educated. “This holds true especially for the Mexicans, Salvadorans, and Guatemalans, who make up the bulk of the undocumented population.” (Ruben Rumbaut, University of California [Irvine],).
For the full story, please visit http://thedailyrecord.com/2015/07/07/trump-cards-and-green-cards/.
Related News Items
- A lesson in solidarity
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- 'The US isn't an option anymore': why California's immigrants are heading back to Mexico
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program