Jeb Bush doesn’t know Charleston shooter’s motive
- June 19, 2015
- Research by Michael Tesler, political science assistant professor, is featured by MSNBC June 19, 2015
Over at Vox, Zack Beauchamp posited a possible explanation. Race has long been a problem area for conservatives, but the conservative dilemma in the Obama era is particularly acute. Some pretty extraordinary research, from UC Irvine’s Michael Tesler, shows that racial issues have become especially polarized during the Obama era: basically, the fact that America’s got a Democratic, black president means Republicans have grown more skeptical that structural racism is a huge, enduring problem.
For the full story, please visit http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/jeb-bush-doesnt-know-charleston-shooters-motive.
Related News Items
- Should Kansas's abortion vote change expectations for the midterms?
- Why abortion may be a winning issue for democrats
- Biden's approval slump hits a dreary new milestone
- For the first time in years, democrats are more concerned about abortion than republicans are
- Why do GOP lawmakers still oppose legalizing weed?