Most discussions on climate change ignore these 10 basic facts about human nature
- June 14, 2015
- David Meyer, sociology professor, is quoted by Vox June 14, 2015
7) We are motivated more by hope than fear, at least in matters of social change…. "This rhetoric about we only have a certain amount of time is a killer. It doesn’t make people engaged, it makes them give up," says David Meyer, professor of sociology at UC Irvine and author of The Politics of Protest: Social Movements in America.
For the full story, please visit http://www.vox.com/2015/6/14/8767823/psychology-global-warming.
Related News Items
- How the Federal Reserve can be used to help the average American
- Mining the past to inform the present
- What the gun control movement can learn from the antiabortion movement
- Columbine. Sandy Hook. Parkland. Uvalde. What do we do now?
- The Climate 202 - Pressure points. The climate scientists are not all right