Hope amid the ruins
- December 1, 2014
- Research by Kristin Turney, sociology assistant professor, is featured by the Huffington Post Dec. 1, 2014
From The Huffington Post:
Parental incarceration has been linked to a wide array of emotional and health problems, and a recent study by the University of California, Irvine found that parental incarceration more detrimental to children than the death of a parent.
For the full story, please visit http://www.huffingtonpost.com/phil-campbell/hope-amid-the-ruins_b_6247560.html.
Related News Items
- Phone calls, commissary accounts, lost time: Miles from prison, women face high costs of incarceration
- A lesson in solidarity
- Study: Adolescents' experiences with police have harmful repercussions for later life outcomes
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside