Experts discuss potential for another World War
- October 30, 2014
- Etel Solingen, political science Chancellor's Professor and Thomas T. and Elizabeth C. Tierney Chair in Peace Studies, is featured in The Harvard Crimson Oct 30, 2014
From The Harvard Crimson:
Etel L. Solingen, political science professor at the University of California, Irvine, said war between the U.S. and China is unlikely. Though she called China “the rising power” in contemporary world politics, she noted that Germany under Kaiser Wilhelm in the early twentieth century had goals to dramatically expand its reach.
For the full story, please visit http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2014/10/30/could-wwi-happen-again/.
Related News Items
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates
- If it walks like a social movement and talks like a social movement...
- New faculty feature: Yousuf Al-Bulushi