The Fed favors guidance over bond buys (Blog)
- October 29, 2014
- Eric Swanson, economics professor, is quoted in The Wall Street Journal Oct. 29, 2014
From The Wall Street Journal:
The Federal Reserve’s forward guidance has been a lot more effective at keeping long-term rates down and stimulating the economy than its three bond-buying programs, says Eric Swanson, an economist at the University of California, Irvine, who until recently was a researcher at the San Francisco Fed.
For the full story, please visit http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2014/10/29/the-fed-favors-guidance-over-bond-buys/.
Related News Items
- The Fed's review of its monetary policy strategy - and what Brookings' scholars have to say about it
- What economists fear will happen without more unemployment aid
- Symposium: Monetary policy at the effective lower bound
- Barkowski awarded Georgescu-Rogen Prize
- The Fed's actions speak louder than its words, which is why bond buying is here to stay