AM Alert: Appropriations committees take up plastic bag ban, hundreds more bills
- August 14, 2014
- Bill Maurer, anthropology and law professor and social sciences dean, is quoted by The Fresno Bee August 14, 2014
From The Fresno Bee:
Currency events: Still puzzled by how exactly Bitcoin works? You are not alone. Bill Maurer, dean of the school of social sciences at UC Irvine, may provide the guidance you need as he discusses the buzzy “cyptocurrency” and its implications for money and public policy, noon at the UC Center Sacramento on K Street.
For the full story, please visit http://www.fresnobee.com/2014/08/14/4068999/am-alert-appropriations-comm....
Related News Items
- Op-Ed: Fear and romance for people without papers
- In El Salvador, a chance at life over certain death
- Our reality and why consciousness is important
- Taiwan tries to keep coronavirus out while asserting itself against China
- Hutchins Roundup: Unconditional cash transfers, countercyclical capital buffers, and more