Rose Hills cemetery cultivates Chinese clientele
- March 31, 2014
- Karen Leonard, anthropology professor, is quoted in the Los Angeles Times March 31, 2014
From the LA Times:
Death tends to magnify the importance of tradition, even after generations of assimilation, said Karen Leonard, a professor at UC Irvine. "Birth and burial practices are anthropologically the ones people hold on to most strongly," she said.
For the full story, please visit http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-adv-fengshui-cemetery-20140331-dto,0,....
Related News Items
- D.C. is now enforcing its cashless business ban: What that could mean for you
- You can't even pay people to have more kids
- You deserve a great nap
- Khan named Social Sciences Alumni Academic Excellence Scholar
- LA Latinos took a big financial hit during the pandemic. Here's how some are trying to bounce back