Arizona detective leaves state job after learning immigration status
- December 13, 2013
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and political science professor and Center for the Study of Democracy director, is quoted in the Los Angeles Times and Sacramento Bee December 13, 2013
From the LA Times:
It's not uncommon for people to find out later in life that they are in the country illegally, said Louis DeSipio, an associate professor of political science at UC Irvine. "I suspect we're going to have an increased number of people in this position who are either going to find out they are unauthorized or find that they don't have the evidence they need to prove that they are citizens," DeSipio said.
For the full story, please visit http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ff-arizona-detective-ousted-20131214....
Related News Items
- D.C. is now enforcing its cashless business ban: What that could mean for you
- You can't even pay people to have more kids
- You deserve a great nap
- Khan named Social Sciences Alumni Academic Excellence Scholar
- LA Latinos took a big financial hit during the pandemic. Here's how some are trying to bounce back