Minimum wage studies (Letter to the editor)
- December 8, 2013
- David Neumark, economics Chancellor's Professor and Center for Economics & Public Policy director, is featured in The New York Times December 8, 2013
From The New York Times:
Arindrajit Dube’s recent article in the “Great Divide” series (“The Minimum We Can Do,” Sunday Review, Dec. 1) does not, in our view, provide a balanced assessment of what the evidence says about minimum wages. In particular, Mr. Dube dismisses a large body of research that finds disemployment effects from the minimum wage…Mr. Neumark is a professor of economics at the University of California, Irvine.
For the full story, please visit http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/09/opinion/minimum-wage-studies.html?_r=0.
Related News Items
- Associations between sleep apnea risk and cardiovascular disease indicators among Chinese and Korean Americans
- Kiazolu and Painter receive Mellon Foundation/UC President's Postdoc support
- Iranian protesters are part of a worldwide fight for women's rights
- What is biphasic sleep and is it healthy for humans?
- China's demographic crisis looms over Xi Jinping's third term