More than money at stake in cuts
- November 11, 2013
- A column by Bill Maurer, anthropology and law professor and social sciences dean, is featured in the Orange County Register November 11, 2013
From the OC Register:
In the late 1960s, just after UC Irvine was founded, a motley group of professors and students set up an experimental community called the Farm. There, economists, anthropologists and others lived with students and indigenous people from Guatemala in an environment designed to explore the human experience through immersive education… Bill Maurer is dean of the School of Social Sciences at UC Irvine.
For the full story, please visit http://www.ocregister.com/articles/social-534713-sciences-research.html.
Related News Items
- D.C. is now enforcing its cashless business ban: What that could mean for you
- You can't even pay people to have more kids
- You deserve a great nap
- Khan named Social Sciences Alumni Academic Excellence Scholar
- LA Latinos took a big financial hit during the pandemic. Here's how some are trying to bounce back