NerdWallet Book Club: James Owen Weatherall, ‘The Physics of Wall Street: A Brief History of Predicting the Unpredictable’
- October 31, 2013
- James Weatherall, logic & philosophy of science assistant professor, is featured by nerd wallet October 31, 2013
From nerd wallet:
Critics often blame defective financial models for the financial crisis that started in 2008. As a result, the public has vilified the models’ creators. In The Physics of Wall Street: A Brief History of Predicting the Unpredictable, University of California, Irvine Professor James Owen Weatherall explores how physicists have forever changed finance. NerdWallet spoke with Weatherall about The Physics of Wall Street, his thoughts on policy-making and the future of financial modeling.
For the full story, please visit http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/investing/2013/nerdwallet-book-club-physi....
Related News Items
- D.C. is now enforcing its cashless business ban: What that could mean for you
- You can't even pay people to have more kids
- You deserve a great nap
- Khan named Social Sciences Alumni Academic Excellence Scholar
- LA Latinos took a big financial hit during the pandemic. Here's how some are trying to bounce back