Judging border security: How much authority will watchdogs have?
- March 4, 2013
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and political science professor, is quoted in USA Today and the Arizona Republic March 4, 2013
From the Arizona Republic:
Either Congress will completely punt on the issue or will so strictly guide what the commission can do through the legislation that the panel will turn out to be a charade, said Louis DeSipio, professor of political science and Chicano studies at the University of California-Irvine. "It's really a face-saving measure for the Senate that is almost guaranteed not to accomplish very much in the end, except maybe delay," he said.
For the full story, please visit http://www.azcentral.com/news/politics/articles/20130225immigration-bord....
Related News Items
- Sports bra ad showing bare breasts banned in UK, stirring sex positivity debate
- Outstanding teaching award recipients in social sciences
- Stressed and tired: Neuroscientist pens book on solutions
- Why is it hard to sleep in the heat? Experts explain.
- Recent brain research on the rejuvenating power of sleep