Square taps into the mobile payment business
- February 1, 2013
- Bill Maurer, anthropology and law professor and Institute for Money, Technology and Financial Inclusion director, is featured in the Los Angeles Times February 1, 2013
From the LA Times:
UC Irvine anthropology professor Bill Maurer said Square leaped ahead of competitors by using existing technology to create payment systems that blend into the background. It also took advantage of existing consumer behavior, swiping credit cards, rather than asking consumers to learn a whole new way of paying for something. And it targeted an underserved niche: businesses that couldn't take credit cards.
For the full story, please visit http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-square-dorsey-20130201,0,5416478.s....
Related News Items
- D.C. is now enforcing its cashless business ban: What that could mean for you
- You can't even pay people to have more kids
- You deserve a great nap
- Khan named Social Sciences Alumni Academic Excellence Scholar
- LA Latinos took a big financial hit during the pandemic. Here's how some are trying to bounce back