Coachella Valley voters focused on debates; campaigns look to other states
- October 4, 2012
- Mark Petracca, political science associate professor, is quoted in mydesert.com October 3, 2012
Because it has been a victory state for Democratic presidential candidates since 1992, it's assumed that Obama will win in November. Both campaigns, therefore, have focused their efforts on winning the battleground states such as Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan, Nevada and Florida, coming to the largest state in the nation only for campaign fundraisers. "All we're good for is a checkbook," said Mark Petracca, a political science professor at the University of California, Irvine. "And that's a shame," he said, "because the nation can't recover economically until California does."
For the full story, please visit http://www.mydesert.com/article/20121002/NEWS01/310020032/Coachella-Vall....
Related News Items
- Language Science Ph.D. student presents work at the annual meeting for the Society for the Neurobiology of Language
- A remarkable shift in attitudes leaves U.S. even more divided on race
- The U.S.-China tariff failure of 2019
- What will Santa Ana do to keep low-income and Latino residents safe from toxic lead?
- Focus of Fed trading furore shifts to Powell's activities