As Starbucks adopts 'Square' payments, will other merchants follow?
- August 8, 2012
- Bill Maurer, anthropology professor and Institute for Money, Technology and Financial Inclusion director, is featured on National Public Radio, WNYC and WUWM 89.7 August 8, 2012
As The New York Times reports: "Anyone who's going to break the mobile payments barrier in the U.S. has to overcome the resistance to try anything new when everything we have works really, really well, even cash, which is very convenient," said Bill Maurer, director of the Institute for Money, Technology and Financial Inclusion at the University of California, Irvine. "But if a big merchant jumping into some mobile payment solution signals to other merchants that there is an opportunity here," he added, "that might change the psychology for other merchants."
For the full story, please visit http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconsidered/2012/08/08/158430997/as-starb....
Related News Items
- Soc sci shoutout: Kyle Sanders, '23 business economics
- Soc sci shoutout: Orion Pettit, '23 psychology
- Soc sci shoutout: Morgan Dickinson, '23 psychology
- Tobar's Our Migrant Souls named among The New York Times, TIME Magazine, Amazon and Audible best book lists in 2023
- U.S. diplomat Henry Kissinger dies aged 100