Briefs: 'Eaters in London
- July 27, 2012
- Anteater alumni and coaches are featured in the Daily Pilot July 27, 2012
From the Daily Pilot:
The UC Irvine contingent at the Olympic Games in London includes Amber Neben, a women's road cyclist who earned a master's degree from UCI. After moving to road racing, she won the USA Cycling Elite Road Championships in 2003 (road race) and again in 2012 (time trial) and posted runner-up finishes at the same event in 2004, 2006, 2007, 2010 and 2011.... UCI is also represented on the men's volleyball team by former All-Americans Brian Thornton and David Smith, and the Anteaters have three former All-Americans competing for the men's water polo team in Ryan Bailey, Tim Hutten and Jeff Powers. UCI women's volleyball coach Paula Weishoff and first-year UCI assistant Jamie Morrison, are assistants for the U.S. women's volleyball team in London. The U.S. men's volleyball program is aided by former UCI Coach John Speraw, who is an assistant, as well as former UCI Coach Andy Read, who is a member of the support staff. UCI women's water polo coach Dan Klatt is an assistant for the U.S. women's water polo team.
For the full story, please visit http://www.dailypilot.com/sports/tn-dpt-0728-spbriefs-20120727,0,2882377....
Related News Items
- What does a world with billions of old people look like? Asian countries are searching for answers
- Opinion: The alternative, optimistic story of population decline
- Southern California housing market cools
- China's singles fight family pressure to get married as population declines
- NSDR is an overhyped health hack. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try it