Intel opens their latest centre
- June 27, 2012
- The Intel Science and Technology Center (ISTC) for Social Computing, co-led by anthropology professor Bill Maurer, is featured in the French Tribune June 27, 2012
From the French Tribune:
Finally, Intel Corp. has revealed that they will be opening their latest center at the University of California in Irvine. For a long time, speculations were rife about the seventh Intel Science and Technology Center (ISTC) and information in regard to it. It is now that it has been revealed that the latest centre's main attention will be on social computing. The information was made public during the 10th anniversary of Intel Labs and was given by Justin Rattner, who is, Intel's chief technology officer. The novel centre will be a $15m program, which will be providing funding for research, and will be done on two subjects. The two subjects on which the study will be conducted are social and anthropological research.
For the full story, please visit http://frenchtribune.com/teneur/1211997-intel-opens-their-latest-centre.
Related News Items
- D.C. is now enforcing its cashless business ban: What that could mean for you
- You can't even pay people to have more kids
- You deserve a great nap
- Khan named Social Sciences Alumni Academic Excellence Scholar
- LA Latinos took a big financial hit during the pandemic. Here's how some are trying to bounce back