Intel announces another university research center
- June 27, 2012
- The Intel Science and Technology Center (ISTC) for Social Computing, co-led by anthropology professor Bill Maurer, is featured in the EE Times June 27, 2012
From EE Times:
Intel Corp. Tuesday (June 26) announced its seventh Intel Science and Technology Center (ISTC) will focus on social computing and be based at the University of California, Irvine. Justin Rattner, Intel's chief technology officer, announced the latest ISTC in an event here Tuesday. The event was to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Intel Labs, the No. 1 chip vendor's research arm. As with other ISTCs, Intel plans to sink $15 million in the UC Irvine ISTC over a five-year period, Rattner said. The announcement of the seventh ISTC completes the company's commitment, announced last year, to invest $100 million in the ISTC program over five years.
For the full story, please visit http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-news/4376122/Intel-announces-another-....
Related News Items
- Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report rank UCI among nation's top 10 public universities
- Ross receives grant to develop framework for causal complexity
- The Fed pauses rate hikes again; no relief for housing market
- Former President Trump gains support vs. President Biden in new poll
- Celebrating UC changemakers: Meet 10 Latino leaders creating a more equitable future for us all