Intel announced the 7th Intel Science Technology Center (ISTC) focusing on social computing
- June 27, 2012
- The Intel Science and Technology Center (ISTC) for Social Computing, co-led by anthropology professor Bill Maurer, is featured in MoneyDJ (Korea) June 27, 2012
On the 10th anniversary of Intel, Intel announced the 7th Intel Science Technology Center focusing on social computing and other user experiences programs. The 7th ISTC is located in UC Irvine and is in partnership with Cornell, Georgia Tech, Indiana University and NYU. The other 6 ISTCs focus on big data, cloud computing, embedded computing, visual computing, secure computing and pervasive computing. The new social computing center is designed to foster tighter collaboration between Intel and academia. The center aims to create a new paradigm for computing and productive new research by a community of social scientists and technologists.
For the full story, please visit http://www.moneydj.com/KMDJ/News/NewsViewer.aspx?a=3a9ece69-ba85-431a-a3....
Related News Items
- D.C. is now enforcing its cashless business ban: What that could mean for you
- You can't even pay people to have more kids
- You deserve a great nap
- Khan named Social Sciences Alumni Academic Excellence Scholar
- LA Latinos took a big financial hit during the pandemic. Here's how some are trying to bounce back