Occupy Chicago confronts life after NATO
- June 4, 2012
- David Meyer, sociology professor, is quoted in the Chicago Tribune, June 3, 2012
From the Chicago Tribune:
The range of causes embraced by Occupy Chicago and similar groups in other cities can be confusing to outsiders, but the groups are often simply trying to find causes that will generate the most attention and support, said David Meyer, a sociology professor at the University of California at Irvine. "When it's working for Occupy, they're all broadly under this banner of rectifying inequality," Meyer said. "There's a lot of experimentation that's going on."
For the full story, please visit http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-occupy-chicago-future-20....
Related News Items
- Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report rank UCI among nation's top 10 public universities
- Ross receives grant to develop framework for causal complexity
- The Fed pauses rate hikes again; no relief for housing market
- Former President Trump gains support vs. President Biden in new poll
- Celebrating UC changemakers: Meet 10 Latino leaders creating a more equitable future for us all