- May 23, 2012
- David Meyer, sociology professor, is interviewed on WBEZ May 22, 2012
It's the morning after NATO and Chicago's still standing. In celebration, Eight Forty-Eight invites in David Meyer, a University of California, Irvine professor and author of "The Politics of Protest," to assess the effectiveness of the anti-NATO protests and examine what it takes to get your message across in the 21st century. WBEZ's talk programming head-honcho Justin Kaufmann joins him to look at why the national media largely ignored NATO.
Audio link available at: http://www.wbez.org/blogs/bez/2012-05/eight-forty-eight-052212-99410.
Related News Items
- Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report rank UCI among nation's top 10 public universities
- Ross receives grant to develop framework for causal complexity
- The Fed pauses rate hikes again; no relief for housing market
- Former President Trump gains support vs. President Biden in new poll
- Celebrating UC changemakers: Meet 10 Latino leaders creating a more equitable future for us all