Garb takes part in 20th annual mediation conference
- March 9, 2012
- March 16, OC Sheriff’s Regional Training Facility
Paula Garb, anthropology lecturer and Center for Citizen Peacebuilding co-director, is leading a workshop on effective mediation for gang intervention workers at the 20th annual OC Mediation Conference scheduled Friday, March 16 at the Orange County Sheriff's Regional Training Facility in Tustin. Garb has been teaching mediation skills to Los Angeles gang intervention workers for nearly ten years and has created a training manual with accompanying DVD role plays of mediation adapted to gang intervention contexts. She is the faculty director of UCI's minors in conflict resolution and civic and community engagement, the UCI mediation certificate program, and the UCI undergraduate certificate in conflict analysis and resolution. She is also a co-founder of and faculty advisor to UCI's Olive Tree Initiative (OTI), an experiential learning program that promotes constructive dialogue on campus about the complexities of conflicts.
Learn more about her up-coming workshop here.
Related News Items
- Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report rank UCI among nation's top 10 public universities
- Ross receives grant to develop framework for causal complexity
- The Fed pauses rate hikes again; no relief for housing market
- Former President Trump gains support vs. President Biden in new poll
- Celebrating UC changemakers: Meet 10 Latino leaders creating a more equitable future for us all