- December 17, 2010
- David Neumark, economics professor, is featured in the City Hall News December 17, 2010
From the City Hall News:
In late October, the Fiscal Policy Institute and the National Employment Law Project released a report claiming that the two researchers being paid $1 million by the city's Economic Development Corporation to study the effects of the living wage bill are biased. In particular, the two groups noted that one of the economists on the EDCbacked study is Dr. David Neumark of the University of California at Irvine, whom they accuse of having a long pattern of releasing reports slanted against workers for the Washington, D.C.-based Employment Policies Institute. That institute is led by D.C. lobbyist Richard Berman, who has set up a myriad of front non-profits that lobby for business groups.
For the full story, please visit http://www.cityhallnews.com/newyork/article-1701-waging-war.html.
Related News Items
- On the podcast: Dr. Sara Mednick, Tracy Clark-Flory, and Dr. Will Cole
- Commentary: COVID-19 reveals need to increase diversity among California physicians
- The history of attacks against Asian Americans is complicated. Addressing it will be, too
- Artist discusses his digital and 3-D take on Orange County landscape
- Police accountability