OC rep. Sanchez and Tran still locked in fierce battle
- November 3, 2010
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies department chair and political science associate professor, is featured on Southern California Public Radio November 2, 2010
From Southern California Public Radio:
Louis DeSipio, an associate professor of political science at UC Irvine, said [Republican Assemblyman Van] Tran would have been a formidable candidate in any year but will present an even tougher challenge riding an expected Republican wave in this mid-term election. "And I think she saw Tran as a serious candidate back in the spring before the tidal wave against the Democrats started to form," DeSipio said, adding Tran benefits from being an elected representative and his life story as a Vietnamese immigrant.
For the full story, please visit http://www.scpr.org/news/2010/11/02/oc-rep-sanchez-and-tran-still-locked....
Related News Items
- Soc sci shoutout: Kyle Sanders, '23 business economics
- Soc sci shoutout: Orion Pettit, '23 psychology
- Soc sci shoutout: Morgan Dickinson, '23 psychology
- UCI study finds mortality in prisons increased 77% during pandemic
- Tobar's Our Migrant Souls named among The New York Times, TIME Magazine, Amazon and Audible best book lists in 2023