OC rep. Sanchez and Tran still locked in fierce battle
- November 3, 2010
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies department chair and political science associate professor, is featured on Southern California Public Radio November 2, 2010
From Southern California Public Radio:
Louis DeSipio, an associate professor of political science at UC Irvine, said [Republican Assemblyman Van] Tran would have been a formidable candidate in any year but will present an even tougher challenge riding an expected Republican wave in this mid-term election. "And I think she saw Tran as a serious candidate back in the spring before the tidal wave against the Democrats started to form," DeSipio said, adding Tran benefits from being an elected representative and his life story as a Vietnamese immigrant.
For the full story, please visit http://www.scpr.org/news/2010/11/02/oc-rep-sanchez-and-tran-still-locked....
Related News Items
- On the podcast: Dr. Sara Mednick, Tracy Clark-Flory, and Dr. Will Cole
- Commentary: COVID-19 reveals need to increase diversity among California physicians
- The history of attacks against Asian Americans is complicated. Addressing it will be, too
- Artist discusses his digital and 3-D take on Orange County landscape
- Police accountability