Tough fights for three congressional incumbents
- November 1, 2010
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies department chair and political science associate professor, is interviewed on the California Report October 31, 2010
There's no bigger prize in this election than control of Congress -- and Republicans think they're well within striking distance of taking over the House. Most California Congressional incumbents seem pretty safe, but three seem to have real battles on their hands. Those three are: Republican Dan Lungren in the Third Congressional District near Sacramento; and Democrats Jerry McNerney in a district east of Oakland, and Loretta Sanchez from Orange County. We talk with Ben Adler, Capitol Public Radio reporter; Lisa Vorderbrueggen, political reporter and columnist with the Contra Costa Times; and Louis DeSipio, chair of the Chicano/Latino Studies Department at UC Irvine.
Audio link available at http://www.californiareport.org/archive/R201010291630/f.
Related News Items
- Usman receives grant to study recidivism program in Pakistan
- Oil prices hang in the balance ahead of Iran nuclear talks, but experts don't expect a breakthrough
- The distinctiveness of disease explanation
- What is a merchant account?
- Research and commentary: New Hampshire Senate rejects minimum wage hike proposal