Biking banditos bestowing burritos
- October 25, 2010
- Anthony Singhavong, business economics undergrad, Mike Fukuda, political science undergrad, and Josh Yu, business economics undergrad, are featured in the Daily Pilot, Chicago Tribune and Hartford Courant October 25, 2010
From the Daily Pilot:
Anthony Singhavong, a fourth-year student at UC Irvine, was attending NewSong Community Church in the spring of 2009 when Pastor Tony Kim spoke about the importance of serving the community. "They're just really big on inspiring the younger generation," Singhavong said about his church.... "We had this vision of [the Burrito Project] being run by college students," Singhavong said.... Singhavong and his roommates - Andrew Yang, Steven Wang, Mike Fukuda and Josh Yu - decided they would help out the homeless of Santa Ana because, although the city was close to Irvine, it provided a stark contrast to the university town.
For the full story, please visit http://www.dailypilot.com/news/tn-dpt-1024-burrito-20101023,0,2001560.st....
Related News Items
- Anaheim Council sells Angel Stadium and land for $150 million, subsidizes housing and park
- Opinion: Biden and Trump's first debate: Best and worst moments
- Welcome back, Anteaters!
- Experts, Anaheim community leaders weigh in on $150 Million Angel Stadium sale
- UCI is No. 1 in Sierra magazine's 2020 'Cool Schools' ranking of sustainability leaders