Latinos straying from Meg Whitman despite unprecedented outreach effort
- October 22, 2010
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies department chair and political science associate professor, is quoted by ABC News October 21, 2010
Louis Desipio, a political science professor at the University of California, Irvine, who has extensively researched Latino voting habits, said that [Meg] Whitman had clearly not "gotten cost effectiveness out of her money." In the last weeks of the race, Desipio said it was natural to see Latinos break for the Democratic candidate, but he noted that Whitman "hasn't done herself any service in the weeks since the revelation broke." He added that she needed to offer Latinos a clearer message about why they should vote for her.
For the full story, please visit http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2010/10/latinos-straying-from-meg-whitm....
Related News Items
- Marodin and Spencer among 17 campus fellowship award winners
- Math could help set right the sizes of national legislatures
- The racist and problematic history of the body mass index
- Testimony before the Hawaii Senate Committee On Judiciary, Senate Committee on Ways and Means on minimum wage increases
- The Origins of Unfairness