Sarah Palin to stump for Republicans in Orange County
- October 16, 2010
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies department chair and political science associate professor, is quoted by NBC LA October 16, 2010
From NBC LA:
When former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin takes the stage Saturday at the Anaheim Marriott to rally Republicans for the Nov. 2 election, the state's top two GOP candidates won't be there. Republican gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman and Senate candidate Carly Fiorina will not be among Palin's so-called Mama Grizzlies on hand for the Republican National Committee's Victory Rally…. By skipping the event, the two can perhaps benefit from higher Republican turnout without turning off decline-to-state voters, said Louis DeSipio, an associate professor of political science at UC Irvine. "They get the private benefit without the public cost," DeSipio said. Whitman likely didn't want to join Palin at the Anaheim event because, "There's a history there dating back to the primaries," DeSipio said. "She and the Palin wing of the party didn't see eye to eye," DeSipio said.
For the full story, please visit http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/politics/Sarah-Palin-OC-105100324.html.
Related News Items
- Actually, men have a hard time getting hired in female-dominated roles, too
- A Chinese couple paid $155,000 in fees to have 7 children in violation of the country's 2-child policy
- Marodin and Spencer among 17 campus fellowship award winners
- Math could help set right the sizes of national legislatures
- The racist and problematic history of the body mass index