Sarah Palin to stump for Republicans in Orange County
- October 16, 2010
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies department chair and political science associate professor, is quoted by NBC LA October 16, 2010
From NBC LA:
When former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin takes the stage Saturday at the Anaheim Marriott to rally Republicans for the Nov. 2 election, the state's top two GOP candidates won't be there. Republican gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman and Senate candidate Carly Fiorina will not be among Palin's so-called Mama Grizzlies on hand for the Republican National Committee's Victory Rally…. By skipping the event, the two can perhaps benefit from higher Republican turnout without turning off decline-to-state voters, said Louis DeSipio, an associate professor of political science at UC Irvine. "They get the private benefit without the public cost," DeSipio said. Whitman likely didn't want to join Palin at the Anaheim event because, "There's a history there dating back to the primaries," DeSipio said. "She and the Palin wing of the party didn't see eye to eye," DeSipio said.
For the full story, please visit http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/politics/Sarah-Palin-OC-105100324.html.
Related News Items
- Opinion: LeBron: Learning from COVID-19 vaccine equity missteps, keys to COVID-19 vaccine equity for Orange County's 5-11 year old children
- Racially charged trials were less politically polarized in the past
- Brueckner provides expert perspective on government and taxes, real estate regulations, airlines and more in new video series
- IGCC fellows Moon and Bin Kashem share their research, UCI experience as international students
- Creator of "Second Life" issues warnings for those building metaverses