Cow farming program wins Apps 4 Africa competition
- October 8, 2010
BBC News reports
An application which tracks the fertility of cows has won the first ever Apps 4 Africa competition to find new talent as smartphones become increasingly popular in AFrica.
Offering a prize fund of $5,000, the competition asked developers in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania to come up with a mobile application that is widely accessible, easy to use and simple.
Related News Items
- Actually, men have a hard time getting hired in female-dominated roles, too
- A Chinese couple paid $155,000 in fees to have 7 children in violation of the country's 2-child policy
- Marodin and Spencer among 17 campus fellowship award winners
- Math could help set right the sizes of national legislatures
- The racist and problematic history of the body mass index