Paying With Pigs
- October 1, 2010
- Digicel Ordered to Pay with Pigs for Vanuatu Offence
The chiefs on the island of Pentecost in Vanuatu have demanded 10 tusked pigs from the telecoms provider, Digicel.
This comes after Digicel was deemed by the chiefs to have damaged an historical site on the island when it started building a mobile phone tower.
Related News Items
- What's next: The ongoing urban exodus
- Comparing economic conditions across crises, time
- FBI just proved Bitcoin's much-touted anonymity is illusory, says financial expert -- and no, El Salvador didn't actually make Bitcoin any more useful
- 'A sacrifice for a generation': China scrambles to boost its population with 3-child policy
- Fourteen from social sciences honored with Chancellor's Award of Distinction