Paying With Pigs
- October 1, 2010
- Digicel Ordered to Pay with Pigs for Vanuatu Offence
The chiefs on the island of Pentecost in Vanuatu have demanded 10 tusked pigs from the telecoms provider, Digicel.
This comes after Digicel was deemed by the chiefs to have damaged an historical site on the island when it started building a mobile phone tower.
Related News Items
- Marodin and Spencer among 17 campus fellowship award winners
- Math could help set right the sizes of national legislatures
- The racist and problematic history of the body mass index
- Testimony before the Hawaii Senate Committee On Judiciary, Senate Committee on Ways and Means on minimum wage increases
- The Origins of Unfairness