Paying With Pigs
- October 1, 2010
- Digicel Ordered to Pay with Pigs for Vanuatu Offence
The chiefs on the island of Pentecost in Vanuatu have demanded 10 tusked pigs from the telecoms provider, Digicel.
This comes after Digicel was deemed by the chiefs to have damaged an historical site on the island when it started building a mobile phone tower.
Related News Items
- New outreach, new law could boost health care for homeless people
- Berna Idriz wants to save the planet - and she's got a pretty good start
- Kopstein receives U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum Ina Levine Invitational Fellowship
- An inside look at Disneyland's new Tenaya Stone Spa
- These unheralded workers are helping prevent the next wildfire