First Brown-Whitman gubernatorial debate may be high stakes affair
- September 28, 2010
- Mark Petracca, political science associate professor and department chair is quoted in the Miami Herald, Sacramento Bee and Sun Herald September 28, 2010
From the Miami Herald:
Ready your TV and your stomach for an hour of smears, self-aggrandizement and, with any luck, an airing of the issues facing California: Meg Whitman and Jerry Brown meet tonight in Davis for the first of three televised debates.... "Not just a slogan," said Mark Petracca, a political science professor at the University of California, Irvine. "Compound sentences, or sentences that actually manage to capture a fully expressed idea." If Whitman is, as Petracca says, the "sound bite queen," he calls Brown, the Democratic nominee, "Big Gulp." Said Petracca: "There's too much when he opens his mouth."
For the full story, please visit http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/09/28/1846051/first-brown-whitman-gubern....
Related News Items
- Soc sci shoutout: Kyle Sanders, '23 business economics
- Soc sci shoutout: Orion Pettit, '23 psychology
- Soc sci shoutout: Morgan Dickinson, '23 psychology
- Tobar's Our Migrant Souls named among The New York Times, TIME Magazine, Amazon and Audible best book lists in 2023
- U.S. diplomat Henry Kissinger dies aged 100