cellular-news reports Digicel Outlines Plans for Mobile Money Service in Haiti
- September 20, 2010
Pan-Caribbean mobile network operator, Digicel has outlined details of the initial phase of its mobile money service project in Haiti which will deliver a range of mobile financial capabilities to the people of the earthquake hit country.
With only 10% of the population having used a commercial bank pre-earthquake (according to USAID), the mobile money concept is guaranteed to take off in Haiti where mobile penetration stands at over 35% - up from a low 5% before Digicel's launch in 2006.
Related News Items
- UCI-led study finds social cohesion to be key risk factor in early COVID infections
- How f$^*#d up is fatphobia? with Professor Sabrina Strings
- Fourteen from social sciences honored with Chancellor's Award of Distinction
- Usman named inaugural SF Fed grad student essay contest winner
- How to get your degree, from 3 undocumented students